PRICE RANGE: Upon request
Sergei Goloshapov, a Moscow born artist, has rocketed to the top echelon of traditional printmakers and book illustrators during his senior years at MoscowPolygraph Institute, the renowned Russian art school. Many of the best 20th-century avant-garde artists have taught there developing the glorious tradition of Constructivism, the rich early post-revolution style in art and architecture.
During his years in Russia Sergei has produced a large body of work including numerous book illustrations, etchings, paintings in oil, and works on paper.
In 1991 Sergei moved to NewYork where he continued to work on illustrated books for children (North-SouthPublishing). The most important were two outstanding books of Grimm Brothers tales. Later on, he created a linocut print series forThe Selected Short Stories of Honore de Balzac.
In 2012Sergei was involved in a major theatre project -The Spiderman on Broadway.
He was responsible for the entire cityscape rendering.
Now the artist back to his studio working on a new series of paintings and mixed media drawings.
GRAPHICS FOR THEATRE:
Spider-Man Turn Off The Dark, Broadway LLC
Foxwoods Theatre, New York, NY
Director - Julie Taymor Scenic Design - George Tsypin
Execution of Cityscape graphics for the set design.
Zhivago, La Jolla Playhouse
Los Angeles, CA
Director Des MacAnuff
Heidi Ettinger Design Associate Designer: Nikita Polyansky
Worked with Associate Designer Nikita Polyansky
creating the storyboards.
GRAPHIC DESIGN FOR FASHION, BOOKS, PUBLICATIONS:
2001-2011 Moret Group, New York, NY
* Originated and created tee-shirt graphics, labels and hang tags for company products.
* Designed seasonal style trend boards.
* Originated ideas and themes, developed original artwork for women’s wear.
North South Books, Inc., New York, New York
Book Illustrator and Designer
* Illustrated two books for the children's book market: The Six Servants and The Brave Little Tailor by The Brothers Grimm.
* Designed and illustrated an Advent Calendar for the children's market.
Other current clients:
* Ogilvy & Mather Advertising - IBM Promotional Package
* Utne Reader Magazine – Editorial Illustration
* Literary Cavalcade Magazine – Editorial Illustration
* Cart Fisher Music Publisher – Illustrations for Eight Music Books for Children
* Ingalls Moranville Advertising – Illustration for a product campaign.
* Scholastic Live Music
The Fine Print Design Company, New York, New York
* Design and illustration of a variety of printed materials, including: newsletters, brochures, advertisements, books, magazines.
* Clients included: Dean Witter Reynolds Inc., Cigna Corporation, Random House Publishing, The New York Times Company, Fischer-Price, Belvedere Public Relations, Moss-Warner Communications
BWAC-GSB Art Loan program
BWAC-CFAL Art Loan program
BWAC Spring, Summer, Autumn Show
MORA Spring Show
MORA Autumn Show
MORA Spring Show
* Bologna Annual '96, Illustration of Children's Books
* Itabashi Art Museum, Tokyo, Japan
* Otani Memorial Art Museum, Nishiomiya City, Hyogo, Japan
* Komatsu City Honjin Art Museum, Civic Gallery Reflet, Ishikawa, Japan
* Yokkaichi Municipal Museum, Yokkaichi City, Mie, Japan
* 36th Annual Illustration West, Society of Illustrators of Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA ÍCertificate of Merit
* 39th Annual Exhibition, Society of Illustrators, New York, NY
Certificate of Merit
* The Magic of Storybook Art: Original Illustrations for Children's Books, The Rye Arts Center, Rye, NY
* 35th Annual Illustration West, Society of Illustrators of Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA Certificate of Merit
* Hidden Connections, Artery Gallery, Pittsburgh, PA
* Gallery of Prefecture, Kyoto, Japan
* Gallery O, Tokyo, Japan
* Congress of the European society of Children's Literature,
Freiburg, Breisgau, Germany
* Solo Exhibition, Jacking, Munich, Germany
* Tenne Gallery, Wackersberg, Munich, Germany
* Algee-Kerr Gallery, Toronto, Canada
* En Marge, The Painters of Moscow and Leningrad, Fribourg, Switzerland
* XI Biennale Der Gebrauchsgraphic, Brno, Czechoslovakia
Annual participation in several Moscow exhibitions
Works in the collections of: Duke University, Tretyakovsky Gallery, Moscow, The Artists' Fund of the USSR, Jane Voorhees Zimmerei Art Museum, among private collections in Europe, America and Japan
1997 Spectrum 4. The Best in Contemporary Fantastic Art
1996 Print's Regional Design Annual. Certificate of Design Excellence
1996 Communication Arts Illustration Annual. Award of Excellence
1973 - 1978 Moscow Polygraphic Institute, Moscow, USSR
Master Degree in Fine Arts